Other versions General Zod
- General Zod Other versions
- General Zod does not appear in the Superman or Justice League animated series, but appears in the spinoff comics of that universe; in Superman Adventures #21, he is an Argosian. This General Zod also appears in Justice League Unlimited #34.
- The General Zod of Earth-15 is this world's Superman. This version is later killed by Superman Prime, who was angry because Zod was not a "maniac".
- The Zod of JSA: The Liberty Files was not a general of any kind. He was recast as a sociopathic 11 year-old, who created a deadly synthetic virus on Krypton for no reason other than fun. Zod was banished to the Phantom Zone because of his actions (the first child ever sent to the Zone) until American scientists breached the Zone and discovered him. Taken in by the government and named "Clark Kent", Zod would fool most of his adult superiors by playing the role of a scared child until he grew up and became the adult "Super-Man".
- This was temporarily successful until Lex Luthor rescued Superman, gave him a blast of yellow solar radiation to regain his powers, and worked to restore the sun. Superman returned to battle Zod, but refused to kill him. When the sun turned yellow again the now-vulnerable Zod struck Superman with all his power at super-speed, but was killed due to Superman's invulnerability.
- Apparently spoken to by the spirit of the Pocket Universe Zod, Russian Zod created a suit of red armor which filtered the sunlight, and declared himself ruler of the fictional former Soviet state of Pokolistan. After several inconclusive encounters with Superman, he revealed his long-range plan to turn the sun red and take Superman's place.
|Copyright © 2005, 2007 Zod2008.com